Monday, October 1, 2012

What is Running Man?

"Running Man? what's this?"
This was the question I thought of when my friend told me about it two years ago.

Now, let me introduce to you this super funny program!!




Running Man(I will later call it RM in the article)is a South Korean variety show, and it was first aired on July 11, 2011. Until now, it already has had 89 episodes. In the show, the MCs and guests complete missions to win the race. There are many different types of the races, and I will write some of them on the next article.


In this article, I want to introduce to you the current cast in RM.





Yu Jae-suk(劉在石)
Yu Jae-suk is the main host of the show and known for his escaping abilities during the race missions. Therefore, he usually call himself Yu-race Willis and Yu-mes Bond. He also show his preference to the color green throughout the show and is also known for his nickname "Grasshopper". He along with Kin Jong-kook, considered to be the two main power in the race missions. By the way, I like him very~~much!






Kim Jong-kook(金鍾國)
kim Jong-kook is the strongest man on the show, he is known for his strength and skill and his muscle...ha during the race missions. During the missions, his sudden appearances are often accompanied by the soundbite "Sparta"taken from the movie, 300. Either the current cast or guests are afraid of being chased by him because it is very frightening. However, this strong man also has a weakness, women guests!!






Ji Suk-jin(池石鎮)
Ji Suk-jin is the oldest and the weakest members in the cast. In addition, he has a nickname "Race Starter" because he is usually being eliminated out of the game just a minute after the game start. If he live longer in the game, it usually surprise the cast. Also, he has another nickname "Big Nose Older Brother" just because of his big nose, haha!







Song Ji-hyo(宋智孝)
Song Ji-hyo is the only girl in the cast. She is good at racing because of her smart and sometimes violent reaction. Therefore,she is called"Ace" or "Bad Ji-hyo"in the show and being treated as a man by the other members. And, she sometimes would show confused or blank facial expression when she is woken in the morning. This cute expression make she have a lovely nickname "Miss Mong".






Ha-ha(哈哈)
Ha-ha is the primary jocker in the cast. He has a nickname "Haroro" because he has a similar face with a cartoon character. He likes to act as a main lead of movie, this always made me laugh loudly. Also, he is actually a playboy. Everytime he saw beautiful female guests, he always said "Be my final love!" to them. However, he is going to married now!!!





Gary
Gary is lack of experience on this show, so he is usually confused and couldn't get the point about the missions or the clues. Also, he is easily fooled by the other members and being laughed of his lack of facial expression. Throughout the series, he had been involved in the loveline with Song Ji-hyo. However, this loveline broke because Song Ji-hyo's real boyfriend was public.





Lee Kwang-su(李光洙)
Lee Kwang-su is the youngest and tallest member of the cast; thus, he is always teased by the other members. If you think that he was good at racing because of his young age, you are totally wrong. He is as weak as Ji Suk-jin!! Ok, maybe a little better than him :D! In the earlier time of the show, Ji Suk-jin and him were the two guys that always easily being eliminated in the beginning of the race. But,Lee Kwang-su gradually become the symbol of betrayer recently because he usually betray his group easily without any concern.

10 comments:

  1. Hello,Amy! I'm your English class mate, Ginger, and I have been a Korean fan for more five years! Enjoying Korean soap operas and variety shows is one of my hobbies in my leisure time. Most of all, I appreciate with the "Monday Couple", Ji-hyo and Gary, who always make me laugh. Why don't you make mention of Song Zhong-Ki? He is so cute and charming, isn't he? Hope we can chat about the show next time, haha!
    P.s I write something wrong, so I delete my first comment. I'm sorry for it. ^_______^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may add Song Zhong-Ki before long, haha! I also like him, he is really cute!!! Did you see the episode that Kim Sun-A washed his face? Oh my god, his face and skin is so perfect,I envy him a lot >O< I'm glad to know you are a Korean fan, too. I can't wait to chat with you!!

      Delete
  2. Wow~~Running Man is really a great program!! Unlike the variety shows made in Taiwan, the program contents in South Korea are always creative and attracting. Take RM for example, it takes the contest mode, plans various exciting games, and has an excellent host, who brings laughter to everyone all the time. Though it tends to stop at some specific unanswered plots repeating again and again and makes me agitated, I still love it very much. Let’s follow RM together!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, every time I watch this show I always think that it is almost impossible for Taiwan to create such a interesting and hilarious show. In Taiwan, I can't find a host like Yu Jae-Suk. He is too funny, smart and always take care of everyone :) You can watch RM on Internet!! I hope that someday RM can come to Taiwan!!!

      Delete
  3. I also watch this show. And I like Kim Jong-kook the most. Every time when I saw him appear suddenly with the sound "Sparta" , I always laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently, Kim Johg-kook usually won the game! Did you see the show two weeks ago? It was so stunning that he won the final game at the first time he tried it. @@

      Delete
  4. Hi~ Amy :)
    I am interested in the Korean, too. But I never seen this one before.
    I hope that you can keep updating your blog to let us know more about "Running Man".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know you are a Korea fan, too! Watching this show is really relaxing, maybe someday you can take a look of it!

      Delete
  5. harlo (: finnallly meeting a RM FAN!<3 I loveeee running man soo much,I'll watch it when I'm mooody :3 clears my mind from everything . Glad to find more fans heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha~I watch RM every week now! It's always makes me laugh :D So glad to met you!

      Delete